After a motorcycle accident, we’ll be here to assist you with any help you need. You could lose time from work, owe medical bills, or have to deal with pain and suffering.
Motorcycle Accident Representation
If you've been a victim of a motorcycle accident, we have you covered!
Motorcycles do no have the extra protection that the cabin of a car provides, putting the driver at much more of a risk.
When you come to us at Cappuccio & Cappuccio, we'll give you the best representation throughout the whole process. Give us a call at 401-596-4072
Rhode Island Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
When you choose Cappuccio & Cappuccio, you’re choosing over 70 years of experience. Our lawyers will work for you to make sure you get the best compensation. Their past success with these type of cases in Rhode Island is definitely something you want to have on your side.
When you choose Cappuccio & Cappuccio to handle your case, our lawyers are here to help you:
- Get the treatment you need to get better.
- Gather medical records related to your car accident injuries.
- Prepare your case for trial if you don’t receive a fair settlement offer for your injuries.
- Look into the cause of your car crash.
- Consult with wage loss experts to help calculate future economic damages.
- Negotiate with the insurance company to help you get maximum compensation.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many different things that can lead to a motorcycle accident. No matter what the cause, Cappuccio & Cappuccio have your back. We have experience with all kinds of accidents, including those caused by:
- Defective Motorcycles
Sometimes the accident has nothing to do with the driver. If your vechicle has had a defect and was the cause of your accident, we are here to help.
- Impaired Vision
There are plenty of times where motorcyclists have difficulty seeing other drivers or obstructions. If this happened to you Cappuccio & Cappuccio have you covered.
- Failure to Yield
Often times, drivers are looking for other cars rather than motorcycles. This can cause them not to yield for you when you’re riding. If you managed to slip into a driver’s blind spot, give us a call today!
- DUI Accidents
Unfortunately, DUI accidents are fairly common in the United States. If you’ve been a victim of a driver who was under the influence, we’re here to lend a helping hand.
Massachusetts and Rhode Island Motorcycle Accident Laws
Here at Cappuccio & Cappuccio, we are well are that Rhode Islanders are not confined to just the roads of Rhode Island, it is important to us that you know the different laws in the State of Massachusetts. We are here to answer any questions you may have about the Massachusetts or Rhode Island laws, just give us a call at 401-596-4072.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries. When you come to us at Cappuccio & Cappuccio, we can help get you the compensation you need for any injury you have sustained. Because of the wide range of accidents, there are a wide range of injuries, such as:
-Arm and Leg Injuries
Injuries to the arms and legs tend to be pretty common in accidents. They can be very serious because they can impact your ability to do everyday things like walking.
Some common types of arm and leg injuries are:
- Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations
- Skin burns
- Abrasions and avulsions
- Contusions (bruises)
- Infection caused by skin puncture
- Blood clots
- Aneurysm in the shoulder, arm, or leg
- Deep vein thrombosis (a common cause of pulmonary embolism)
- Muscle damage
- Gangrene (dead tissue)
- Limb infarction/ necrosis
- Nerve damage
- Broken fingers or toes
- Broken arm or leg
- Severed arm or leg
- Surgical amputation subsequent to injury
Back injuries are no joke. Your back is a very important part of your body whether you realize it or not. Injuries to the back can leave you in constant pain and can make easy things difficult.
Common back injuries include:
- Sprains or torn ligaments
- Herniated discs
- Strains or torn muscles
- Spinal cord injuries
The brain controls everything happening in the human body. Serious damage to your brain can mean serious damage to your life. Some injuries are more serious and damaging than others, but nothing involving the brain should be taken lightly.
Different types of injuries to the brain include:
- Diffuse anoxal injury
- Intracranial hematoma
- Parietal lobe injury
- Temporal lobe injury
The chest is a part of the body that is commonly injured in motorcycle accidents. It also includes vital organs such as the heart, lungs, and liver.
Chest injuries caused in accidents include the following:
- Strained muscles
- Broken, bruised, and fractured ribs (including incomplete fracture)
- Sternal fracture (fractured breastbone)
- Internal bleeding
- Ruptured spleen
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Myocardial contusion (bruising of the heart)
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Punctured or collapsed lung
- Respiratory distress
- Flail chest
- Tracheobronchial injury
- Sepsis subsequent to chest injury
Organs that could possibly be damaged due to chest injury are:
- Lymph nodes
- Pleura/ pleural space
- Pulmonary artery
Obviously, when people think of the head, they think of the brain. But there are many different kinds of head injuries that you can sustain in an accident.
When in a motorcycle accident, you can suffer injuries to:
- Jaw and Teeth
Neck damage is one of the most common results of motorcycle accidents. The force that can be the result of an accident is usually too much for your neck to handle. One of the most common injuries to the neck is whiplash. Whiplash can cause symptoms such as:
- Pain that worsens with neck movement
- Limited range of motion
- Impaired ability to drive
- Difficulty performing daily tasks at a normal pace
- Stiffness in and around the neck
- Tenderness in the shoulders, arms, upper back, and lower head
- Tingling or numbness in the arm
- Blurred vision
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Lower back pain
- TMJ/ jaw pain
- Poor concentration and memory problems
- Poor sleep
Other neck injuries include:
- Disc injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck trauma involving traumatic brain injury
- Neck sprain
- Cervical dislocation
- Nerve root damage
- Neck fracture
- Lacerations, scrapes, or burns affecting skin on the neck
The pelvis is a bony structure that makes up your hips. Pelvic and abdominal injuries are common in motor vehicle accidents, and because of their proximity, they often occur together.
Different pelvic injuries include:
- Pelvic fracture
- Broken pelvis
- Compressive pelvic injury
- Pelvic contusions (bruising)
- Back pain caused by pelvic injury
- Hip fractures
- Injury to the area(s) around the pelvis
Injuries involving the abdomen are:
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Bowel obstruction
- Intestinal injury
- Stomach injury
- Gallbladder injury
- Colon injury
- Pancreas injury
- Liver injury
- Kidney injury
- Bladder damage
- Muscle/ tissue damage
- Blunt abdominal trauma
- Abdominal abscesses
- Blood clots
- Cuts, scrapes, or burns on abdominal skin
- Abdominal swelling
- Abdominal compartment syndrome
If you have suffered, or think you have suffered any of these injuries due to a motorcycle accident, give Cappuccio & Cappuccio a call at 401-596-4072 today!