An auto accident is dangerous to begin with, never mind when a commercial truck is involved. Because of the increased size of trucks, the accidents involving them can be very dangerous.
Truck Accident Representation
If you've been involved in a Truck accident, Cappuccio & Cappuccio are here for you!
After being in an accident, there are all kinds of things that you could be suffering from. From injury to missed work time, we've got your back here at Cappuccio & Cappuccio.
Here at Cappuccio & Cappuccio, we are prepared to fight for you. We will get you the absolute best compensation possible. Don't go through the process alone, give us a call at 401-596-4072.
Rhode Island Truck Accident Attorneys
When you choose Cappuccio & Cappuccio, you’re choosing over 70 years of experience. Our lawyers will work for you to make sure you get the best compensation. Their past success with these type of cases in Rhode Island is definitely something you want to have on your side.
When you choose Cappuccio & Cappuccio to handle your case, our lawyers are here to help you:
- Get the treatment you need to get better.
- Gather medical records related to your car accident injuries.
- Prepare your case for trial if you don’t receive a fair settlement offer for your injuries.
- Look into the cause of your truck accident.
- Consult with wage loss experts to help calculate future economic damages.
- Negotiate with the insurance company to help you get maximum compensation.
Common Types of Truck Accident
Though each accident is unique, there are plenty of truck accidents in Rhode Island that are caused by driver negligence. Truck drivers may drive in dangerous conditions to meet industry demands or to log extra hours. But vehicles that large require a driver’s full attention, and there’s no room for any kind of mistakes.
It’s our mission here at Cappuccio & Cappuccio to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve after being involved in a trucking accident. We have plenty of experience with all kinds of cases, such as:
- Rollover accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Underride accidents
- Override accidents
- No-zone accidents
- Overloaded truck accidents
- Hazardous material accidents
Massachusetts and Rhode Island Truck Accident Laws
At Cappuccio & Cappuccio, we are well aware that Rhode Islanders are not confined to just the roads of Rhode Island, it is important to us that you know the different laws in the State of Massachusetts. We are here to answer any questions you may have about the Massachusetts or Rhode Island laws, just give us a call at 401-596-4072.
Types Of Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries. When you come to us at Cappuccio & Cappuccio, we can help get you the compensation you need for any injury you have sustained. Because of the wide range of accidents, there are a wide range of injuries, such as:
-Arm and Leg Injuries
Injuries to the arms and legs tend to be pretty common in accidents. They can be very serious because they can impact your ability to do everyday things like walking.
Some common types of arm and leg injuries are:
- Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations
- Skin burns
- Abrasions and avulsions
- Contusions (bruises)
- Infection caused by skin puncture
- Blood clots
- Aneurysm in the shoulder, arm, or leg
- Deep vein thrombosis (a common cause of pulmonary embolism)
- Muscle damage
- Gangrene (dead tissue)
- Limb infarction/ necrosis
- Nerve damage
- Broken fingers or toes
- Broken arm or leg
- Severed arm or leg
- Surgical amputation subsequent to injury
Back injuries are no joke. Your back is a very important part of your body whether you realize it or not. Injuries to the back can leave you in constant pain and can make easy things difficult.
Common back injuries include:
- Sprains or torn ligaments
- Herniated discs
- Strains or torn muscles
- Spinal cord injuries
The brain controls everything happening in the human body. Serious damage to your brain can mean serious damage to your life. Some injuries are more serious and damaging than others, but nothing involving the brain should be taken lightly.
Different types of injuries to the brain include:
- Diffuse anoxal injury
- Intracranial hematoma
- Parietal lobe injury
- Temporal lobe injury
Because of the force of air bags, the chest is a part of the body that is commonly injured in truck accidents. It also includes vital organs such as the heart, lungs, and liver.
Chest injuries caused in accidents include the following:
- Strained muscles
- Broken, bruised, and fractured ribs (including incomplete fracture)
- Sternal fracture (fractured breastbone)
- Internal bleeding
- Ruptured spleen
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Myocardial contusion (bruising of the heart)
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Punctured or collapsed lung
- Respiratory distress
- Flail chest
- Tracheobronchial injury
- Sepsis subsequent to chest injury
Organs that could possibly be damaged due to chest injury are:
- Lymph nodes
- Pleura/ pleural space
- Pulmonary artery
Obviously, when people think of the head, they think of the brain. But there are many different kinds of head injuries that you can sustain in an accident.
When in a truck accident, you can suffer injuries to:
- Jaw and Teeth
Neck damage is one of the most common results of truck accidents. The force that can be the result of an accident is usually too much for your neck to handle. One of the most common injuries to the neck is whiplash. Whiplash can cause symptoms such as:
- Pain that worsens with neck movement
- Limited range of motion
- Impaired ability to drive
- Difficulty performing daily tasks at a normal pace
- Stiffness in and around the neck
- Tenderness in the shoulders, arms, upper back, and lower head
- Tingling or numbness in the arm
- Blurred vision
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Lower back pain
- TMJ/ jaw pain
- Poor concentration and memory problems
- Poor sleep
Other neck injuries include:
- Disc injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck trauma involving traumatic brain injury
- Neck sprain
- Cervical dislocation
- Nerve root damage
- Neck fracture
- Lacerations, scrapes, or burns affecting skin on the neck
The pelvis is a bony structure that makes up your hips. Pelvic and abdominal injuries are common in motor vehicle accidents, and because of their proximity, they often occur together.
Different pelvic injuries include:
- Pelvic fracture
- Broken pelvis
- Compressive pelvic injury
- Pelvic contusions (bruising)
- Back pain caused by pelvic injury
- Hip fractures
- Injury to the area(s) around the pelvis
Injuries involving the abdomen are:
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Bowel obstruction
- Intestinal injury
- Stomach injury
- Gallbladder injury
- Colon injury
- Pancreas injury
- Liver injury
- Kidney injury
- Bladder damage
- Muscle/ tissue damage
- Blunt abdominal trauma
- Abdominal abscesses
- Blood clots
- Cuts, scrapes, or burns on abdominal skin
- Abdominal swelling
- Abdominal compartment syndrome
If you have suffered, or think you have suffered any of these injuries due to a truck accident, give Cappuccio & Cappuccio a call at 401-596-4072 today!